So, how does Town Meeting work this year?
There will be no in-person Town Meeting this year due to the pandemic. All articles will be voted by Australian ballot per decision of the Marlboro Select Board and Town Clerk in December 2020.
The Warning for the Town & School meetings appear below:
SAMPLE ballots appear below, all active voters will receive their ballots by mail, which will be sent out by February 10, 2021:
How will I know where to get the information I need to vote the ballot?
The Town Report is here
There will be two remote Informational Meetings on Zoom, hosted by:
Marlboro School Board on Monday February 22, 2021 at 6 PM
The recording of the School Board Info session started a little late. The link to the recording is below. Three items were mentioned by the School Board Chair prior to the line item tax rate discussion that begins the recording. Those items included:
1. A correction to page 60 in the town report, paragraph 4 – The work of transitioning the finance tracking from the district to the Supervisory Union could not have been completed without the assistance and support of Gail Chaine. The School Board apologizes for leaving Gail out of that acknowledgment, and thank her for her work.
2. The School Board thanks David Holzapfel for his years of service on the School Board. David came on to assist with Act 46 and has been a great resource to the Board and the Community.
3. On page 59 – the paragraph in the Director’s Report that discusses the tax rate is now outdated. The estimated tax rate is 1.70 and the numbers are accurately reflected on page 56.
To view the recorded meeting follow this link & passcode
Marlboro Select Board on Tuesday February 23, 2021 at 6 PM
Informational Meeting Recording is here https://youtu.be/vqAzZvfyTMg
Informational Meeting audio-only is here https://soundcloud.com/marlboro-select-board/gmt20210223-225312-regular-se
How will voting be accomplished?
● All active voters will receive ballots sent to their mailing address. Ballots will be mailed February 9, 2021.
● Town Reports will be available by February 20th and can be picked up at the Town Office & Post Office. NOTE: The prior year’s minutes will show how the voters responded last year https://marlborovt.us/2020-town-meeting/
● Voters may return ballots:
- by mail, postage is paid
- in the drop box outside the Town Office
- hand-deliver to the office by calling ahead (254-2181) to ensure a town officer is there to receive your ballot.
● In-person voting will be conducted on March 2, 2021 in the Town House at 13 Town Hill Road adjacent to the Town Offices with polling hours 9 AM until 7 PM
HOW TO REGISTER TO VOTE: There is no deadline to register to vote. You will be able to register to vote on the day of the election. You can register prior by visiting the town clerk’s office or going online to http://olvr.vermont.gov/
~ Forrest Holzapfel, Town Clerk