Meetings are on the second and fourth Thursdays at 6:00PM unless otherwise warned. To be added to the agenda, please contact Nick Morgan, email@example.com prior to the Monday before a meeting.
Upcoming Meeting: Thursday, January 27, 2022 at 6:00 pm to be held remotely via Zoom (see link below). Please note that until further notice all Select Board Meetings will be held remotely on Zoom due to the recent status of the Covid-19 pandemic situation.
To review a copy of the VTrans report discussed with Colin Bratton (of the WRC) at the 10/28/21 Select Board meeting, please click here: Marlboro Village Sketch
Agendas are posted by 6:00 PM on Tuesdays (48 hours prior to meeting).
Use this link to join Zoom Meetings or join by phone at 1-646-558-8656
2021 Select Board Minutes:
Audio recordings from meetings are now posted on our SoundCloud. Please note that due to technical issues the recordings for the July 22 thru September 23, 2021 meetings are not available. Please refer to the minutes for information from the meeting..
- Draft 2022 01 13 Select Board Minutes
- Draft 2022 01 13 Special Select Board Minutes – Town Plan
- 2021 12 23 Select Board Minutes
- 2021 12 09 Select Board Minutes
- 2021 11 23 Select Board Minutes
- 2021 11 11 Select Board Minutes
- 2021 10 28 Select Board Minutes
- 2021 10 14 Select Board Minutes
- 2021 09 23 Select Board Minutes
- 2021 09 09 Select Board Meeting
- 2021 08 26 Select Board Minutes
- 2021 08 12 Select Board Minutes
- 2021 07 22 Select Board Minutes
- 2021 07 08 Select Board Minutes
- 2021 07 08 Special Meeting Select Board Minutes
- 2021 06 24 Select Board Minutes
- 2021 06 10 Select Board Minutes
- 2021_05_27 Select Board Minutes
- 2021_05_13 Select Board Minutes
- Select Board April 25 2021 Minutes
- April 8 2021 Minutes
- March 25 2021 Minutes
- Minutes 2021 March 11
- Minutes 2021 Feb 25
- addendum to Feb 25 meeting: Marlboro Letter of Support Deerfield River Wild and Scenic
- Minutes 2021 Feb 11
- Minutes Jan 28 2021
- Minutes Jan 14 2021
- addendum to Jan 14 meeting: Marlboro Village Traffic Study Final
Some videos from Zoom calls are on our YouTube channel.
- 2020 Select Board Minutes
- 2019 Select Board Minutes
- 2018 Select Board Minutes
- 2017 Select Board Minutes
- 2016 Select Board Minutes
- 2015 Select Board Minutes
Marlboro Select Board
P.O. Box 518
Marlboro, VT 05344
Current Select Board Members:
Julia von Ranson, Chair firstname.lastname@example.org
Aaron Betts email@example.com
Jim Agate firstname.lastname@example.org
Some Select Board Responsibilities
From Select Board Handbook, Vermont League of Cities and Towns
Select Persons are responsible for general supervision of the affairs of town and must cause to be performed all duties required of the town not committed by law to the care of any
The select board may enact ordinances and rules in many areas including traffic regulation, regulating nuisances, managing solid waste, dogs and recreation, and establishing bike paths. Many of these are listed in 24 V.S.A. § 2291, but others are scattered throughout the statutes.
The select board warns all town meetings and specifies business to be conducted at the meeting, including proposing an annual budget. If the town does not set the tax rate, the
select board must set a tax rate that will raise the specific amount voted at town meeting.
The select board is responsible for hiring, directing, and firing almost all town employees (unless the town has a Town Manager form of government, which Marlboro does not); and for establishing and enforcing personnel policies.
The select board must authorize all town expenditures by signing orders for the treasurer to draw town funds.
The select board supervises the expenditure of the highway fund and has charge of keeping town highways in repair. It also is responsible for laying out, classifying and discontinuing
The select board is responsible for animal control.
The select board may borrow money for periods of less than a year in anticipation of taxes.
The select board must fill all town vacancies until an election is held.
The select board may license many operations within the town (e.g., liquor sales, restaurants, junkyards and entertainment).
The select board appoints several minor town offices (e.g., pound keepers, inspector of lumber and tree warden).
The select board appoints and removes planning commissioners unless the town has voted to elect them. The select board adopts the town plan unless the town votes to adopt
it by Australian ballot. It also holds public hearings on proposed zoning bylaws and may, in some circumstances, adopt zoning bylaws.
The select board purchases all insurance for the town.
The select board controls cemeteries if there is not a cemetery commission. (No cemetery commission in Marlboro).
Select board members serve as members of the Board of Civil Authority.